Assuring Delivery Of Web Applications For Bottom Line Results
Data center simplification and the growing migration to web-enabled applications are driving the need for a new class of multi-function optimization devices. The Stampede FX Series combines both one-sided application delivery and two-sided WAN optimization into a single platform. The FX Series delivers unprecedented application performance, optimization, transparency, availability and management for existing networks.
Productivity and Performance
The Stampede FX Series WAN optimization improves access to your applications by reducing the amount of data transferred on the link through use of various compression and caching schemes as well as accelerating reliable protocols.
Traffic Shaping with ACM Tracking
Traffic is classified and prioritized by protocol, source/destination subnets, source/destination ports, VLAN, MPLS labels/EXP and DSCP bits. Classified traffic is then shaped to the link rate based upon priority, CIR and MIR. Link rate is either configured at setup or optionally read from the modem in real time. Reading from the modem in real time allows the output rate to track the actual link rate for an ACM modem, which changes based upon changing link conditions. It is designed to work with the CDM-760 and CDM-625 Satellite Modems and the Advanced VSAT Solutions. This feature is available as either stand-alone, or as part of the full WAN optimization product.
Transparent Assured Delivery
With flexible options for in-line or Cisco’s Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP), the FX Series devices deliver unprecedented transparent optimization. End-to-end assurance is maintained for all applications providing complete transparency and the ability for existing Quality of Service (QoS) and network visibility management programs to continue monitoring the health of your network.
Optimize VLAN Trunked Data
All appropriate Layer 5 and Layer 7 optimizations are available for tagged VLAN data, preserving or recreating the VLAN tags for optimized traffic. This includes HTTP caching as well as de-duplication. Caches are maintained by appliance and by VLAN. Appropriate traffic can be shared between VLANs on the same appliance. In addition, the FX-1010 will support up to 8 LAN ports, each of which is tagged and passed to the WAN trunk. Classification can be done on the VLAN PCP bits.
The FX Series supports a reliable multicast. This is designed to work in a mesh network, but will also work in a hub/spoke network. In the mesh, any device can be a transmitter with the remaining devices being receivers. Multiple devices can be transmitters. The transmitter function is time shared, with a second device being given permission to transmit after the first is complete. This can work in a hub-spoke network where typically the ADC would be the transmitter, although this is not required. The process is to FTP a file from the client into the transmitter’s inbox, that file is transmitted reliably in a multicast to all of the receivers. Once transmitted, the receivers FTP the file to a specified server.
Business critical applications requiring 24/7 availability will always perform optimally no matter how fast your organization grows. The Stampede FX platforms support deployments in a 1+1 configuration. Simply add additional FX devices as needed for increased scalability or failover protection. “High Availability” is available for the remotes and the ADC in either routed or in path configurations.
The FX platforms provide total insight through real-time information including over 100 real-time statistics providing extensive details on all inbound and outbound traffic. Historical data for days or months are easily viewed via online graphs, simplifying capacity planning, trending, network issues, and application troubleshooting. Management information can be obtained via an intuitive Web GUI or SNMP. The updating for the FX Series Remotes is automatic. The FX Series remotes poll the FX Series ADC for updates. When the ADC is updated; each remote will download the update and automatically update itself.
The FX Series platforms provide a comprehensive range of flexible options for total transparent 24/7 operation within your existing or growing network infrastructure. No matter what your application acceleration or WAN optimization requirements are today or in the future, the FX Series platform solutions will handle all your business critical applications with ease. Whether your installation requires small, medium or large branches or the consolidation of multiple remote or enterprise data centers, We have the solution for your organization’s needs.
Compatible with Advanced VSAT Solutions
The Stampede FX Series products can be added to an Advanced VSAT Solutions network for WAN optimization and application acceleration. The results can be significant improvements in user experience and a reduction by 20-80% in required bandwidth for TCP traffic.
Header Compression/Packet Aggregation
As real-time traffic moves to IP, there is a proliferation of traffic with small payloads. In this case, the header bytes can be 2 to 4 times the number of payload bytes. For small voice packets, compression can result in reducing the required data rate to 30 – 50% of the original. The FX will compress headers, and optionally compress payloads. The FX aggregates compressed packets into an Ethernet frame and sends it to a peer, where the packets are restored. Header compression is integrated into the traffic shaping, and maximum latency per queue can be enforced when aggregating packets.
- Provides up to 80% bandwidth savings for HTTP traffic.
- Provides up to N times efficiency when using the Multicator
- Enables measurable reduction in response time for users
- Delivers CAPEX for OPEX payback typically in 3-4 months
- Scales easily for small, medium and high volume networks
- Ensure the best traffic flow with Advanced Traffic Shaping
- Match the modem link rates with ACM tracking
- Real-time voice sessions with the use of Header Compression/Packet Aggregation
Deploy the Stampede FX Series (ADC) as a single-sided solution to optimize traffic from your outbound channel. For a two-sided solution, add the FX Series Remote (REM) appliance or our remote software clients and achieve the ultimate in application acceleration and WAN optimization.
Single Sided with the Application Delivery Controller (ADC)
|Max Accelerated Sessions||3,000||30,000|
|Data Rate Options Mbps||1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 15||10, 15, 25, 45, 70, 155, 310|
|Load Balancing via WCCP||✔||✔|
|Traffic Shaping with ACM (d)||✔||✔|
|IP Source Preservation||✔||✔|
|Optimize VLAN Tagged Data||✔||✔|
|GZIP Compression (b)||✔||✔|
|Image Reduction (c)||✔||✔|
|Redundancy for In-Path and Routed Modes||✔||✔|
Two Sided with the ADC and the Remote
|Max Accelerated Sessions (a)||6,000 (a)||6,000||30,000 (a)|
|Data Rate Options Mbps||1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 15||2, 4, 6, 10, 15, 25||10, 15, 25, 45, 70, 155, 310, 700(f)|
|Header Compression Rate (PPS) (e)||35,000||700,000|
|Load Balancing via WCCP||✔||✔|
|Traffic Shaping with ACM (d)||✔||✔||✔|
|IP Source Preservation||✔||✔||✔|
|Optimize VLAN Tagged Data||✔||✔||✔|
|Image Reduction (c)||✔||✔||✔|
|Dynamic Data De-duplication||✔||✔||✔|
|Multiplexing Data Streams||✔||✔||✔|
|Auto Updates to the Remotes||✔||✔||✔|
- When used as an ADC, the FX-1005 will handle 3000 concurrent sessions.
- Maximum accelerated WAN rates are a function of compressibility. If all content is being GZIP compressed with a ratio of greater than 4:1, the maximum WAN rate may not be accelerated.
- The number of images handled per second is a function of image size.
FX-4010-ADC FX-1005-ADC Images Size Images Per Second Images Per Second 10 KB 1800 80 50 KB 1000 35 500 KB 100 35
- Available as either a stand-alone feature or part of the WAN optimization product. As a stand-alone feature, the maximum data rate is 700 Mbps. When purchased with the WAN optimization, the data rate is limited to the WAN optimization rate.
- Packets per second (PPS) is 50% outbound and 50% inbound. Header compression is currently only available in point-to-point configurations and is not supported in the FX-1010. Available as either a stand-alone feature added to the base configuration or part of the WAN Optimization product. When purchased without the WAN Optimization feature, the maximum data rate is 700 Mbps. When included with the WAN Optimization, the data rate is limited to the WAN optimization rate.
- Header compression only
- Base Configuration with QoS only as option with no WAN Optimization
- Option 1 Header compression (rates up to 700 kbps) with no WAN Optimization
- Option 2 WAN Optimization including QoS and Header compression with WAN Optimization rates as shown in the tables
FX-1000 and FX-4000 – While new units are no longer available, customers with these units can obtain the latest software releases from our web site.
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Offshore & Maritime
- Telecommunications Operators
- Satellite Operators
- Managed Service Providers
- High-speed content delivery
- HTTP and TCP optimization and acceleration
- Internet access
- Corporate networks
Learn More About…