At Comtech EF Data, we always strive to provide industry-leading satellite communications solutions to help our customers achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership, including:
- Reducing Operating Expense (OPEX)
- Reducing Total Capital Expense (CAPEX)
- Increasing Link Reliability
- Increasing Throughput
Our premier satellite modems set the standard for optimizing satellite communications and allowing SatCom users to achieve multi-dimensional optimization, including:
- CDM-625 Advanced Satellite Modem – Builds on Comtech EF Data’s legacy of providing the most efficient satellite modems. It is the first modem to combine advanced Forward Error Correction (FEC), such as Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) codes, with the revolutionary DoubleTalk® Carrier-in-Carrier® bandwidth compression allowing for maximum savings under all conditions.
- CDM-Qx/L Multi-Channel Satellite Modems – Features DoubleTalk® Carrier-in-Carrier® bandwidth compression allowing the transmit and receive carriers of a full duplex satellite link to share the same transponder space.
- CDM-600/L Satellite Modems – Supports LDPC and is fully compliant with IESS-308, -309, -310, -314, and -315 from 2.4 kbps through 20 Mbps.
These revolutionary products and technologies have a much higher spectral and power efficiency that helps minimize OPEX by reducing the required leased bandwidth, and simultaneously helps reduce total CAPEX by allowing the users to select a smaller BUC/HPA and/or antenna.
Since the CDM-625, the CDM-Qx/L and the CDM-600/L Satellite Modems achieve higher spectral efficiency with lower Eb/No, they provide a much higher link margin when compared to other products with similar spectral efficiency. When combined with Comtech EF Data’s industry leading mean time between failure (MTBF), this provides for links with much higher availability compared to competitive products.
The increased spectral and power efficiency can also be used to achieve higher throughput using the same transponder bandwidth that is typically required by competitors’ products.
We created an Excel-based Link Optimization Tool to highlight the multi-dimensional optimization that can be achieved with these products. Whether you have an existing satellite link or you are planning to commission a new satellite link, this tool can help you explore the value of the CDM-625 with DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier and LDPC, the CDM-Qx/L with DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier and the CDM-600/L with LDPC and TPC.
Carrier-in-Carrier® is a Registered Trademark of Comtech EF Data
DoubleTalk® is a Registered Trademark of Raytheon Applied Signal Technology