Our Tempe, Arizona site is the leading satellite communications manufacturing facility for digital, microwave and RF products. Many companies have chosen to outsource production. Comtech doesn’t – we retain most product processes in house. As the premier producer of satellite communications infrastructure products, we set the standards that other industry participants follow.
Need a manufacturing partner?
Given our extensive experience in designing, manufacturing and testing complex RF assemblies, we also provide advanced manufacturing services to select customers. We can serve as your long-term strategic partner providing full on-site turnkey solutions with significant value added resources.
Our established, high-volume manufacturing facility offers state-of-the-art techniques. We also have lines in place to support low-volume production, including prototypes, pre-production assemblies and/or systems, and small work order quantities.
Many of the products we manufacture are deployed in harsh or military environments, which demand high quality and reliability. To ensure that we can meet our customers’ requirements, we make significant investments in production and test equipment used in our manufacturing process.
Our facility is compliant with MIL-STD-1686, ANSI/ESD 20.20 and IPC/EIA J-STD-001. Products are built in accordance with IPC-A-610, class 2 and 3. And, to comply with these standards, our employees regularly participate in formal training programs.
We have the following in-house production capabilities, which reduce turn-around times and improve quality and reliability:
- UID labeling capability
- Global service center
- CCA manufacturing (multiple SMT lines)
- Cable and harness manufacturing
- Machine, Sheet Metal shop
- Paint Shop
- Conformal coating
- PTH (Plated Through Hole Assembly)
- Both Tin-Lead and Lead-Free capabilities
- BGA (Ball Grid Array installation & rework)
- PoP (Package on Package) Technology
- Automated Optical Inspection (AOI)
- CALTEX, Model: BH-2000-M2x (BGA optical inspection)
- Vibration Testing
- CCA Test capabilities (In-Circuit, Flying Probe, Boundary Scan/Corelis)
- System Integration & Test
- Extended temperature testing for harsh/military requirements
- Leak Testing
- Equipment calibration
We believe that quality and reliability are built into our products by employees who are trained, disciplined, and who are active participants in the company’s success. Our facility and processes comply with these standards to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability:
- ISO 9001:2008
- IPC-A-610 Workmanship
- IPC/J-STD-001 Workmanship
- IPC-7711 Rework
- IPC-WHMA-A-620 Cables
- DDTC Registered
- Tempest room
We have industry-leading design and manufacturing engineers on staff who specialize in RF, microwave and digital. We utilize numerous design tools to support:
- Schematic creation and capture
- PCB layout
- Mechanical castings, enclosures, heat sinks, connections
- Vibration/structural analysis
- Thermal simulations
- Circuit analysis and simulations
- Software design and simulations
Supply Chain Management Services
We offer turnkey supply chain management services, specifically:
- Experience with military contracts